Thursday, 31 December 2015

Top 10 Books of 2015


2015 was a great year of reading for me, there has been many ups and downs and plenty of tears shed.

In total I managed 88 books this year, and here are my favourite Top 10:

1

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Only one book deserves the top spot of this list and that is Outlander. The story follows Claire in 1945, who is on her honeymoon when she gets transported through standing stones to 18th century Scotland. I am so happy I discovered this series this year and I would encourage everybody to give it a read. It's AMAZING.



2

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Lou gets a job keeping quadriplegic Will company. What follows is the most beautiful story of love, loss and finding hope. This one was a real weepy for me. The feels it gave me were just off the charts, I loved every second of it. Cannot wait for the movie.

                 

 3

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

Misfits Eleanor and Park meet on a school bus one day and the most adorable quirky romance follows. This list is starting to look like I only read romances, but honestly, this book is so much more than that and its great for people who think they don't like romances. 

    

4

In the Heart of the Sea: The Epic True Story That Inspired Moby-Dick by Nathaniel Philbrick

The true story of the Whaleship Essex which was sunk by an angry sperm whale, and the crews subsequent struggle to survive adrift in the ocean. This was such an interesting story, it fascinated me. A great book about whaling and survival at sea.

        

5

The Martian by Andy Weir

Left for dead, astronaut Mark Watney battles disaster after disaster to survive alone on Mars. Hands down, the funniest book I have read this year. Which is strange because it is a hard science-fiction survival epic, but it was hilarious - much better than the movie.

                             

6

Cress by Marissa Meyer

The third book in The Lunar Chronicles and by far the best so far. Can't say too much about this, though its inspiration was the classic story of Rapunzel. Fairytale retellings blended with a sci-fi futuristic world. Genius.

7

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

An awesome story set in Prague of intrigue and mystery with monsters and a girl with blue hair... I loved this book from start to finish and I had sky high hopes for the series, but in my opinion this is the best one.


8

The Walking Dead, Vol. 01: Days Gone Bye

The zombie apocalypse has begun. These comics were the first comics I had ever read. I noted down my enjoyment of these volumes on Goodreads. I am a mad fan of the TV show and these comics are just as amazing if not more!

9

Fables, Vol. 1: Legends in Exile

Lately I have been supremely interested in fairy tale retellings and this comic series is just my perfect cup of tea. Fairy tales with an adult twist - brilliant escapism.

10

Little Lies by Liane Moriarty

An intriguing mystery set within the parent community of a primary school. I found the personal lives of all the seemingly mundane families to be so engaging. Lots of intrigue and a shocking twist, an un-put-down-able read.







That wraps up my Top 10 for this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment