Thursday, 14 January 2016

Review: Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

Title: Ugly Love
Author: Colleen Hoover
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Pages: 366
Genres: New Adult, Romance

Ugly Love

When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she doesn't think it's love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past.
Don’t expect a future...
Ugly Love kept me up all night. Lots of tears were shed.

I love Tate, she is a someone that a lot of women can relate to. Tate is so witty, so down to earth. For me, after reading a lot of fantasy and science-fiction, this book was just exactly what I needed. Romance is central to the plot, but its not the typical romance one would expect. Its messy, complicated, and mirrors a lot of the confusing relationships many adult women find themselves in during their lifetime.

I have to talk about Miles. I hate his first name but that was about all I hated. Miles is this sexy, brooding, gorgeous, mysterious airline pilot and the reader, like Tate, is desperate to find out about him. Ugly Love switches been Tate's present day narrative and Miles' narrative six years earlier. Slowly more of Miles' past is revealed to the reader as his arrangement with Tate progresses. I was not prepared for the feels.

Some of my favourite parts of Ugly Love were the steamy sexual encounters between Tate and Miles. The chemistry them just was amazing and it never felt over-the-top or cliché. I shipped Tate and Miles so hard and this book truly took me on an emotional journey.

I would recommend this for anyone who wants to read about an unconventional and mature romance with a gritty, believable plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment