Thursday, 4 February 2016

Review: Confess by Colleen Hoover

Title: Confess
Author: Colleen Hoover
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Pages: 320
Genres: New Adult, Romance

Confess

Auburn Reed has her entire life mapped out. Her goals are in sight and there's no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn't expect to find a deep attraction to the enigmatic artist who works there, Owen Gentry.

At age twenty-one, Auburn Reed has already lost everything important to her. In her fight to rebuild her shattered life, she has her goals in sight and there is no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn’t expect to find a deep attraction to the enigmatic artist who works there, Owen Gentry.

For once, Auburn takes a risk and puts her heart in control, only to discover that Owen is keeping some major secrets from coming out. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything important to Auburn, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it.

The last thing Owen wants is to lose Auburn, but he can't seem to convince her that truth is sometimes as subjective as art. All he would have to do to save their relationship is confess. But in this case, the confession could be much more destructive than the actual sin…
Oh... my... God... The feels. The FEELS. Can't handle it.

Colleen Hoover has done it again with Confess. This is only my second Colleen Hoover book and I loved it. I was not expecting the amazing artwork that was scattered throughout, or the confessions that were submitted by real people. I loved the paintings, I want them in my house. Seriously. The theme of confession runs throughout this book and I felt like the structure of the story was beautifully written.

I really warmed to Auburn, I felt so bad for her when her situation was fully revealed. So many people took advantage of her, and I could really relate to that. Owen is the typical heartthrob, this young successful artist who has such a good heart, but is keeping mysterious secrets. There aren't as many sexy times in this book than in Ugly Love, but that was fine with me as it suits the story.

I was expecting the signature Colleen Hoover tragic event to hit me and as I was nearing the end of the book I thought I was safe but then BAM! There it was, it hit me quite unexpectedly. I did not ugly cry, but a few tears were shed.

This is a beautiful story and it is worth reading just for the art and the confessions alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment