Sunday, 14 February 2016

Review: November 9 by Colleen Hoover

Title: November 9
Author: Colleen Hoover
Publisher: Simon & Schuster UK
Pages: 320
Genres: Romance, New Adult

November 9

Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon's last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist.

Can Ben's relationship with Fallon - and simultaneously his novel - be considered a love story if it ends in heartbreak?
Colleen Hoover always delivers and with November 9, the emotional journey was almost too much to handle. Basically reading this book is like having your heart squeezed very tight with the intensity of the feels, and then being punched in the face repeatedly. Painful, but worth it.

This is the third new adult romance that I have rated 5 stars this year. This is highly unusual for me as I would have sworn a couple of years ago that I do not like romance. There is just something about Colleen Hoover's stories that are just so unlike anything I have ever read. Out of the three Colleen Hoover books I have read, November 9 has knocked Ugly Love off of its pedestal as my favourite. It was epic. I full on sobbed through the last 50-100 pages. Just ugly cried with reckless abandon. Intense.

I loved the references to Ugly Love that were sprinkled in the book. Just everything about this book I loved. Seriously. Just when I thought I could predict how this book was going to go, it just proved me wrong at every turn. I want to say so much more but I really do not want to give away any spoilers. I encourage everyone to read this masterpiece and take a chance on it, you won't be disappointed.


No comments:

Post a Comment