Saturday, 30 April 2016

Review: Rogue by Rachel Vincent (Shifters #2)

Title: Rogue
Series: Shifters #2
Author: Rachel Vincent
Publisher: MIRA
Pages: 394
Genres: Urban Fantasy

Rogue

Okay, so cats don't always land on their feet.

I know that better than most. Since rejoining the Pride, I've made big decisions and even bigger mistakes: the kind paid for with innocent lives. As the first and only female enforcer, I have plenty to prove to my father, the Pride, and myself. And with murdered toms turning up in our territory, I'm working harder than ever, though I always find the energy for a little after-hours recreation with Marc, my partner both on- and off-duty.

But not all of my mistakes are behind me. We're beginning to suspect that the dead are connected to a rash of missing human women and that they can all be laid at my feet--two or four, take your pick. And one horrible indiscretion may yet cost me more than I can bear...
Faythe and her pride are back with a new mystery to solve. Strays are randomly turning up dead and human strippers are going missing, who is responsible and is there a connection? To top it all off, Faythe is getting strange angry calls from her human ex, Andrew. Plenty of drama to go around. Overall, I found Rogue to be faster paced than Stray which is a good thing.

Faythe's character in this book has improved and although she can be pretty flawed and very immature, there is a sense that she is maturing albeit quite slowly. I honestly feel like her relationship with Marc isn't very healthy at all as they are just extremely volatile together. Jace is still in the background as a potential love interest but there is no love triangle as of yet in the series which is great.

I didn't find the plot predictable and I was shocked by some of the twists. The mystery of who exactly is behind the plot of the kidnapping of tabbies is still unknown but I feel like the issue is more widespread and complicated than I first imagined. I am looking forward to see Faythe grow and mature as the series goes on and I am really enjoying the story so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment