Monday, 18 April 2016

Review: Saga, Volume 3 by Brian K. Vaughan

Title: Saga, Volume 3
Series: Saga (Collected Editions) #3
Written By: Brian K. Vaughan
Art by: Fiona Staples
Publisher: Image
Pages: 144
Genres: Comics, Science-fiction

Saga, Volume 3

From the Hugo Award-winning duo of Brian K. Vaughan (The Private Eye, Y: The Last Man) and Fiona Staples (North 40, Red Sonja), Saga is the sweeping tale of one young family fighting to find their place in the universe. Searching for their literary hero, new parents Marko and Alana travel to a cosmic lighthouse on the planet Quietus, while the couple's multiple pursuers finally close in on their targets. Collects issues 13-18.
I didn't enjoy this volume as much as the first two. Alana and Marko spend most of their time at a lighthouse owned by the author of Alana's favourite book. I was really confused as to why they decided stay there and it was a bit dull. A couple of gay journalists have a big role in this volume as well, I didn't really like them and was bored.

There are some entertaining moments that I enjoyed but on the whole I was disappointed with this volume. Lying cat is starting to grow on me as well as little Sophie. I've noticed a pattern where main characters appear to die but actually do not which is starting to become predictable. I'm still not a fan of the robot people, but Alana is still awesome and sassy.

Even though this volume disappointed me, I will continue on with the series as I have to know what becomes of the now toddling Hazel.


No comments:

Post a Comment