Sunday, 12 June 2016

Review: The Girl in 6E by A. R. Torre

Title: The Girl in 6E
Series: Deanna Madden #1
Author: A. R. Torre
Publisher: Orion
Pages: 352
Genres: Thriller, Suspense

The Girl in 6E
Deanna Madden, aka Jessica Reilly, hasn't touched another person in three years.

She hasn't left her apartment.

She makes money from performing to webcams on a sex site, where her clients pay $6.99 a minute for her time.

She's doing alright. The dollars are piling up in the bank. She's the number 3 model on cams.com.

And she hasn't killed anyone for years.

But when Deanna sees on the news that a little girl called Annie has gone missing, the story rattles her carefully ordered world. It's uncomfortably similar to the dark fantasy of one of her most disturbing online clients. She's convinced he's responsible for the girl's abduction - but no one will listen to her.

So, after three years, Deanna finally leaves the apartment.

And this is what happens...
A suspenseful thriller, The Girl in 6E exceeded my expectations. The book opens with Deanna Madden, a girl who has not left her apartment in three years because she has strong homicidal urges. Deanna makes her money under a pseudonym, as a webcam girl where she will carry out sexual acts for paying visitors to her website. It's quite a dark read and was just right up my street.

I loved being in Deanna's head, she is so twisted and I really loved how strong and independent she was. She led a very strange life and the book gripped me from the very first page. The writing style was so engaging and I really breezed through the book - I think I read this in 24 hours, I just could not put it down. There are a few other third person perspectives in this book also and I really loved how all the different story lines converged into one. I also appreciated that although Deanna wants to murder people, she isn't perfect and does make mistakes.

There was a developing romance in this story but I thought it was well done and didn't annoy me like I feared. The romance isn't a major story line but more of an interesting side plot. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series and I would recommend to those who would like a thriller that has a dark and erotic edge.


No comments:

Post a Comment