Wednesday, 15 June 2016

Review: Saga, Volume 5 by Brian K. Vaughan

Title: Saga, Volume 5
Series: Saga (Collected Editions) #5
Written By: Brian K. Vaughan
Art by: Fiona Staples
Publisher: Image
Pages: 152
Genres: Comics, Science-fiction

Saga, Volume 5

Multiple storylines collide in this cosmos-spanning new volume. While Gwendolyn and Lying Cat risk everything to find a cure for The Will, Marko makes an uneasy alliance with Prince Robot IV to find their missing children, who are trapped on a strange world with terrifying new enemies. Collects Saga #25-30.
My heart just cannot take anymore heartache. As usual, Saga is keeping me on the edge of my seat - there is a time jump at the end of this volume and oh my, I need the next one ASAP.

Future Hazel's omnipotent narration just feels me with dread especially when she warns the reader at the very beginning that she doesn't see her father, Marko for two years. So many revelations and plot twists. There are also a few deaths, and I thought two of them were spectacular but the last death made me feel really sad.

There is a lot of Ghüs in this volume and I love that little guy, he is so unbelievably cute. Cuteness overload. A few glimpses are given of Marko's past which I really wanted more of and The Stalks brother, Halvor makes an appearance which I found really interesting. I especially love it when Saga gives a nude/sexually explicit artwork that shocks, a dragon giving itself fellatio, hilarious!!!

I am really nervous about where this series is going but I am really enjoying the ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment