Monday, 11 July 2016

Review: Saga, Volume 6 by Brian K. Vaughan

Title: Saga, Volume 6
Series: Saga (Collected Editions) #6
Written By: Brian K. Vaughan
Art by: Fiona Staples
Publisher: Image
Pages: 152
Genres: Comics, Science-fiction

Saga, Volume 6

After a dramatic time jump, the three-time Eisner Award winner for Best Continuing Series continues to evolve, as Hazel begins the most exciting adventure of her life: kindergarten. Meanwhile, her starcrossed family learns hard lessons of their own. Collects SAGA #31-36.




This isn't the best volume in the series and I think it is because there was a lot of pages focusing on secondary characters that I don't like very much. The journalists are back and I just really do not like them at all, they are just so boring and their story line seemed like it would never end. Also the transformation of The Will was just so bizarre, I just really wasn't into it.

I loved seeing Hazel as an older child but there just didn't seem to be any chemistry between the rest of the characters. The humour and sass just felt a bit off and nothing awesome really happened. It was all very hum drum. The big reveal at the end was very anti-climatic and I felt myself wishing that it ended differently.

I know Saga can do better so I am eagerly awaiting the next volume. In summary though, I was not too impressed and was left feeling disappointed.


No comments:

Post a Comment